What's For Dinner?
Tonight Menu: Spicy Sausage Pasta
Want to make this with me?
What You'll Need:
(cheese not pictured - hey, I forgot)
- 10 oz of pasta (I used farfalle or bow tie)
- 13 oz of turkey sausage (I used plain but for extra heat, get a hot/spicy variety)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 cups of stock/broth (I used Vegetable stock - lower sodium than chicken)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 2 Tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 cup of diced onions (I used frozen, saves time & tears)
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- Small bunch of green onions or 2 scallions
- 4 oz of pepper jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 oz Rotel Tomatoes and Chiles (I used Hot)
- Heat olive oil to medium heat and saute diced onions and diced sausage links in skillet (about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent and sausage begins to brown).
- Stir in minced garlic for about 30 seconds
- Stir in Half and Half, Broth, salt, pepper and Rotel.
- Add uncooked pasta, completely integrate into mixture. Cover and reduce heat to medium low cooking for 15 minutes.
- Stir to ensure all pasta is cooking evenly. (no one wants to get that one hard bow-tie)
- Once pasta is almost done, stir in diced pepper jack cheese.
- Top with green onions, a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella, plate, serve and Enjoy!
Post a Comment